The City has presented a summary of their latest proposal (attached below) to AFSCME. It covers all three Units and our summary of their summary is this:
- 7 % wage restoration over 2 years (4.5% to Enterprise).
- Longevity raises at 10, 15, and 20 years. If you missed your longevity during the F.U., you will get it now going forward.
- 2.5% Merit increase for everyone not maxed out in the second year of the contract (2015). While technically that isn’t a merit, it’s still good for us.
- Employee Pension Contribution going down to 8%.
- Tuition Reimbursement returns (maximum return of $1,800 annually).
- Improved Benefits for Part Timers (see attached).
- Wage restoration still does not equal what was lost during F.U.
- “Salary Survey” may result in more wage freezes or possibly wage cuts.
- No Merit Increases. That means no raises until you hit a longevity date.
- Probationary period for all new hires or promotions is one year. This applies to all full and part-time employees.
- Pension benefits being reduced to 2.5% multiplier for everyone. The Police and Fire both got 3% or better.
- No Cola in the pension plan. Ever.
- If you bump down in pay grade and your pay drops to the lower level. This is an attempt by management to get rid of bumping rights.
- Assignment pay does take effect until 40 hours (now 4). You cover the shift for 4 days, Bob over there will cover the fifth, none of you get assignment pay.