Brothers and Sisters of AFSCME Local 2432
This continues to be a challenging year as we try to turn the corner on this pandemic and it’s affects on our health and livelihoods. The City was able to avoid pay cuts and job eliminations by using Federal Rescue Plan funds to balance the budget.
Therefore, the Union and City have agreed to a one year 2022 stop gap contract to hold us over until we get back to the bargaining table this January. We will also be voting to memorialize the one year MOU that we voted on last year. Once the formal 2022 agreement has been received from the City, we will notify you of the date and time of the ratification vote.
Summary of items being proposed for ratification:
- 2% COLA on the base salary
- 1% one time Lump Sum on the base salary to be issued via a separate payroll check.
- HRA Card amount Increases beginning 1 Jan 2022 as follows.
- Employee only = $300 to $400
- Employee + 1 = $400 to $600
- Employee + 2 or more = $700 to $1000
- Increased mental wellness counseling sessions (EAP) from 6 sessions to 10 sessions at no additional cost.
- Changes to health care premiums as follows:
Nominations for Union Officer positions will take place at a Special Meeting on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 6:30 PM at the Union Hall. Nominations will close after 3 calls have been made for each position. Elections will be held on December 1, 2020 (see flyer). Any member with more than one (1) year of active membership is eligible to be nominated. You will also receive this notice vis U.S. mail.
Per AFSCME Constitution, voting must be conducted face-to-face. Due to social distancing requirements, the meeting will be held right outside the Union Hall due to COVID-19 and all employees coming to vote must wear a face mask.
Dear Brother and Sisters of Local AFSCME 2432,
I hope you and your loved ones are doing well during these challenging times. The Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA’s) contracts expire on September 30, 2020. Prior to the pandemic outbreak, we had one (1) negotiation session. In Florida all negotiations must be done in the public, however due to COVID that was not possible. I reached out to the city to roll the contract over for 1 year with a 2% increase, but the City declined our offer.
A negotiation session was scheduled on September 29, 2020 and posted to comply with the public requirements. Today, we have reached an agreement with the City for a one (1) year Memorandun of Understanding, for 2% raise effective the first full pay period after September 30, 2020.
A Ratification vote will be held on Tuesday October 6th at the Union Hall from 7:30am to 4:30pm. All employees are eligible to vote with proper I.D.
Please observe social distancing instructions and you MUST wear a mask while at Union Hall.
Union Hall – 2734 Hollywood Boulevard Hollywood FL 33020
Voting to take place on Tuesday October 6th, 7:30am – 4:30pm.
Your Union President,
General – MOU Language and Pay Chart
Professional – MOU Language and Pay Chart
The vote to approve all three AFSCME 2- year contracts passed by a unanimous vote of the City Commission.
Thanks to our members for a great turnout at the Commission Meeting and a special thank you to AFSCME’s negotiation team!
The vote to ratify all three AFSCME contracts passed overwhelmingly and is headed to the City Commission for a vote on next Wednesday, June 19th. Thanks to all who’ve worked hard during this process and to everyone who came out for the vote today.
We need our members to turnout for next Wednesday’s Commission meeting at 2:00 PM in your AFSCME green. Thanks again to our members for your continued support and see you next week at the Commission meeting!
Pension Restoration Vote – Pension Plan Election
The next step for Pension Restoration begins today with early voting for the negotiated pension changes. Early voting will be held from Monday, June 10, 2019 through Friday, June 14, 2019, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM in the Employees’ Retirement Fund Office on the 2nd floor of the City Hall Annex building (door next to ATM).
Election day will be June 17, 2019, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM, in the 1st floor lobby of City Hall (east side). Full time employees who contribute to the pension plan are eligible to vote.
AFSCME Contract Ratification Vote
The contract ratification vote which includes Pension Restoration will be held on Thursday, June 13th from 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM at the Union Hall – 2734 Hollywood Boulevard. All full time and part employees in AFSCME covered positions are eligible to vote.
A ratification vote for new General, Professional, and Supervisory contracts will be held on next Thursday, June 13, 2019 from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM at the Union Hall – 2734 Hollywood Boulevard (parking in the rear). This is a secret ballot vote and the ballots will be counted immediately after the closing of the vote. Below is the bargained contract information; please review prior to casting your vote:
A brief summary of the contract changes, pension article, and pension chart can be found here:
Below are full contract drafts:
Below are the pay grade ranges and classification charts:
Below is the proposed deal for a two year contract for AFSCME General, Professional, and Supervisory bargaining units:
TWO YEAR CONTRACT (10/1/2018 – 9/30/2020)
MAJOR CHANGES YEAR 1
- 3% wage increase effective October 2018 (lump sum if topped out)
- Additional wage increase for PERC employee for loss of benefits due to move to AFSCME (General and Professional 1.5%, Supervisory between 1.5 – 2% depending on the position)
- Paygrade ranges (bottom and top) increase by 3%
- Lump sum $1,500 for full-time employees who are not eligible for Pension Restoration
- Pension Restoration for employees who were employed and impacted by Financial Urgency
- General Fund employees hired before October 1, 2011
- Enterprise Fund employees hired before March 5, 2014
- Option of Planned Retirement or DROP Plan
- Part-time employees receive all holidays
- Employees who average 30+ hours receive 6 hours per holiday
- Employees who average 15 – 29 hours receive 4 hours per holiday
MAJOR CHANGES YEAR 2
- 2% wage increase effective October 1, 2019 (lump sum if topped out)
- Paygrade ranges (bottom and top) increase by 2%
- OAP Plan 80/20 cost split with plan changes (employee pays 20%) LINK TO WORKSHEET
- OAPIN Plan, no proposed changes
- Free Lifescan Screening
- Wellness program incentives (prizes including gift cards)
We will send more details once the language is ready for a vote. We are working to get this deal wrapped up ASAP. More info to come, so stay tuned.