The vote to approve all three AFSCME 2- year contracts passed by a unanimous vote of the City Commission.
Thanks to our members for a great turnout at the Commission Meeting and a special thank you to AFSCME’s negotiation team!
The vote to ratify all three AFSCME contracts passed overwhelmingly and is headed to the City Commission for a vote on next Wednesday, June 19th. Thanks to all who’ve worked hard during this process and to everyone who came out for the vote today.
We need our members to turnout for next Wednesday’s Commission meeting at 2:00 PM in your AFSCME green. Thanks again to our members for your continued support and see you next week at the Commission meeting!
Pension Restoration Vote – Pension Plan Election
The next step for Pension Restoration begins today with early voting for the negotiated pension changes. Early voting will be held from Monday, June 10, 2019 through Friday, June 14, 2019, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM in the Employees’ Retirement Fund Office on the 2nd floor of the City Hall Annex building (door next to ATM).
Election day will be June 17, 2019, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM, in the 1st floor lobby of City Hall (east side). Full time employees who contribute to the pension plan are eligible to vote.
AFSCME Contract Ratification Vote
The contract ratification vote which includes Pension Restoration will be held on Thursday, June 13th from 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM at the Union Hall – 2734 Hollywood Boulevard. All full time and part employees in AFSCME covered positions are eligible to vote.
A ratification vote for new General, Professional, and Supervisory contracts will be held on next Thursday, June 13, 2019 from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM at the Union Hall – 2734 Hollywood Boulevard (parking in the rear). This is a secret ballot vote and the ballots will be counted immediately after the closing of the vote. Below is the bargained contract information; please review prior to casting your vote:
A brief summary of the contract changes, pension article, and pension chart can be found here:
Below are full contract drafts:
Below are the pay grade ranges and classification charts:
Below is the proposed deal for a two year contract for AFSCME General, Professional, and Supervisory bargaining units:
TWO YEAR CONTRACT (10/1/2018 – 9/30/2020)
MAJOR CHANGES YEAR 1
- 3% wage increase effective October 2018 (lump sum if topped out)
- Additional wage increase for PERC employee for loss of benefits due to move to AFSCME (General and Professional 1.5%, Supervisory between 1.5 – 2% depending on the position)
- Paygrade ranges (bottom and top) increase by 3%
- Lump sum $1,500 for full-time employees who are not eligible for Pension Restoration
- Pension Restoration for employees who were employed and impacted by Financial Urgency
- General Fund employees hired before October 1, 2011
- Enterprise Fund employees hired before March 5, 2014
- Option of Planned Retirement or DROP Plan
- Part-time employees receive all holidays
- Employees who average 30+ hours receive 6 hours per holiday
- Employees who average 15 – 29 hours receive 4 hours per holiday
MAJOR CHANGES YEAR 2
- 2% wage increase effective October 1, 2019 (lump sum if topped out)
- Paygrade ranges (bottom and top) increase by 2%
- OAP Plan 80/20 cost split with plan changes (employee pays 20%) LINK TO WORKSHEET
- OAPIN Plan, no proposed changes
- Free Lifescan Screening
- Wellness program incentives (prizes including gift cards)
We will send more details once the language is ready for a vote. We are working to get this deal wrapped up ASAP. More info to come, so stay tuned.
Picnic Flyer 2019
Where: TYPark Pavilion 12
3300 N Park Rd,
Hollywood, FL 33021
When: Saturday, March 23, Noon – 4:00PM
Join us for a family day of food fun and music!
FOR MEMBERS AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY
ONLY – NO AFSCME NON-MEMBERS
There is a $1.50 park entrance fee but kids
under 5 are free
RSVP Your full name and number of guests
to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday,
March 20th – HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Shout out to all who attended and to Tropical Acres and X-hale Productions for making it a great event!
Marjorie Cooper-Readon was elected to the E-Board at Large 2 Year Term position in Tuesday’s election. We thank both Marjorie and Levauris Pierre for their desire to serve the membership and thanks to the members who took the time to vote.
The following members were nominated and elected (ran unopposed) at the November 20th Special Meeting:
- President – 2 year term – Christopher Cassidy
- Treasurer – 2 year term – Rafael Quintero
- E-Board Supervisory – John Brummer
- E-Board General – Robert Kine
- Trustee – 3 year term – Warren Winston
An election will be held on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 from 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM for the E-Board Board At Large – 2 year term position at the Union Hall – 2734 Hollywood Boulevard. The candidates are:
- Marjorie Cooper-Readon
- Levauris Pierre
All current members in the 3 bargaining units are eligible to vote. We hope to see you there!
Nominations and Elections
Nominations for the following Officer positions will take place at a Special Meeting on November 20th @ 6:30 PM. Nominations will close promptly at 8PM. Elections will be held on December 11th (see flyer below). Any member with more than 1 year of active membership is eligible to be nominated. Member election notices have been sent in the mail.
- President – 2 year term
- Treasurer – 2 year term
- E-Board General – 2 year term
- E-Board At Large – 2 year term
- E-Board Supervisory – 2 year term
- Trustee – 3 year term
Member Holiday Party
The Member Holiday Party will be held on Saturday, December 1st from 7 – 11 PM. Seating is limited, so RSVP is first come first serve. Limit one (1) guest per member. Email your full name and guest info to email@example.com by November 23rd to be added to the guest list which will be checked at the door. Non-member employees are prohibited. No exceptions!