Below is the proposed deal for a two year contract for AFSCME General, Professional, and Supervisory bargaining units:
TWO YEAR CONTRACT (10/1/2018 – 9/30/2020)
MAJOR CHANGES YEAR 1
- 3% wage increase effective October 2018 (lump sum if topped out)
- Additional wage increase for PERC employee for loss of benefits due to move to AFSCME (General and Professional 1.5%, Supervisory between 1.5 – 2% depending on the position)
- Paygrade ranges (bottom and top) increase by 3%
- Lump sum $1,500 for full-time employees who are not eligible for Pension Restoration
- Pension Restoration for employees who were employed and impacted by Financial Urgency
- General Fund employees hired before October 1, 2011
- Enterprise Fund employees hired before March 5, 2014
- Option of Planned Retirement or DROP Plan
- Part-time employees receive all holidays
- Employees who average 30+ hours receive 6 hours per holiday
- Employees who average 15 – 29 hours receive 4 hours per holiday
MAJOR CHANGES YEAR 2
- 2% wage increase effective October 1, 2019 (lump sum if topped out)
- Paygrade ranges (bottom and top) increase by 2%
- OAP Plan 80/20 cost split with plan changes (employee pays 20%) LINK TO WORKSHEET
- OAPIN Plan, no proposed changes
- Free Lifescan Screening
- Wellness program incentives (prizes including gift cards)
We will send more details once the language is ready for a vote. We are working to get this deal wrapped up ASAP. More info to come, so stay tuned.
Picnic Flyer 2019
Where: TYPark Pavilion 12
3300 N Park Rd,
Hollywood, FL 33021
When: Saturday, March 23, Noon – 4:00PM
Join us for a family day of food fun and music!
FOR MEMBERS AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY
ONLY – NO AFSCME NON-MEMBERS
There is a $1.50 park entrance fee but kids
under 5 are free
RSVP Your full name and number of guests
to email@example.com by Wednesday,
March 20th – HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
WHAT: EARLY VOTING FOR PENSION BOARD TRUSTEE
WHEN: THIS Monday, JAN 28th – Friday, FEB 1st
TIME: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
WHERE: CITY HALL, PENSION OFFICE 2nd Floor Annex Building
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO VOTE: FULL TIME EMPLOYEES
***UPDATE*** – It has come to our attention that full time eligible employees have been turned away when attempting to vote. We are working to get the situation addressed. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org if you were turned away by the pension office. Also, remember to bring your City ID badge.
The Pension Board trustee position representing City employees is up and Christopher Cassidy, AFSCME Local 2432 President, is being challenged by Lorie Mertens-Black who is an Executive in the City Manager’s Office. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE UNION MAINTAINS THIS SEAT ON THE PENSION BOARD. CHRIS NEEDS YOUR VOTE!
The City Manager’s Office and City Commission already control 4 seats on the 7 member Board, and we can’t afford to lose a Union voice. Christopher Cassidy is committed to following the ordinance as written, not as re-interpreted by different City Hall administrations. With contract negotiations on-going, this is a critical time for our Union to keep OUR voice on the Pension Board.
Since we elected Chris to represent us on the Pension Board 3 years ago, OUR pension fund has grown by $65 Million, from $285 Million to $350 Million.
Shout out to all who attended and to Tropical Acres and X-hale Productions for making it a great event!
Marjorie Cooper-Readon was elected to the E-Board at Large 2 Year Term position in Tuesday’s election. We thank both Marjorie and Levauris Pierre for their desire to serve the membership and thanks to the members who took the time to vote.
The following members were nominated and elected (ran unopposed) at the November 20th Special Meeting:
- President – 2 year term – Christopher Cassidy
- Treasurer – 2 year term – Rafael Quintero
- E-Board Supervisory – John Brummer
- E-Board General – Robert Kine
- Trustee – 3 year term – Warren Winston
An election will be held on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 from 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM for the E-Board Board At Large – 2 year term position at the Union Hall – 2734 Hollywood Boulevard. The candidates are:
- Marjorie Cooper-Readon
- Levauris Pierre
All current members in the 3 bargaining units are eligible to vote. We hope to see you there!
Nominations and Elections
Nominations for the following Officer positions will take place at a Special Meeting on November 20th @ 6:30 PM. Nominations will close promptly at 8PM. Elections will be held on December 11th (see flyer below). Any member with more than 1 year of active membership is eligible to be nominated. Member election notices have been sent in the mail.
- President – 2 year term
- Treasurer – 2 year term
- E-Board General – 2 year term
- E-Board At Large – 2 year term
- E-Board Supervisory – 2 year term
- Trustee – 3 year term
Member Holiday Party
The Member Holiday Party will be held on Saturday, December 1st from 7 – 11 PM. Seating is limited, so RSVP is first come first serve. Limit one (1) guest per member. Email your full name and guest info to email@example.com by November 23rd to be added to the guest list which will be checked at the door. Non-member employees are prohibited. No exceptions!
On behalf of the Hollywood Municipal Employees, AFSCME Local 2432, we are happy to announce that we endorse the following candidates in the upcoming November 6th 2018 Hollywood Municipal Election.
District 1- Caryl Shuham
District 3 -Traci Callari
District 5 – Kevin Biederman
Please contact Barbara Armand at 954-593-7931
or William Clift at 954-658-9841
to volunteer during early voting. We are asking for four hours of your time to get involved during this very important election season.
Chris Cassidy President
AFSCME Local 2432
Please visit our informational site about the Beach CRA and how it impacts the City budget and starves the rest of Hollywood of much needed resources. OneHollywood.org